5 June 2011

Des chaussures d'ete pour mes pieds d'hiver

I managed to skillfully avoid a large chunk of AW10/11. I might have missed out on the 'camel' hype, but I'm secretly glad I did. Ginger and camel don't work so well together. Mostly I am glad to have missed out on the majority of those dark nights, cold days and miserable winter attitudes.

In their place I was subject to some serious sun rays and some carnivorous mosquitoes. I'm like catnip to mosquitoes. Something about my sweet ginger blood that drives them loco. Consequently I am now scar city - you can trace my journey around the Caribbean with the different coloured scars on my feet. 

So now the nicer weather is pretending to nudge away the dark clouds over London, my feet are itching to be freed. 

Weapon of choice - a pair of espadrilles

Sandwich your feet in a cotton and a jute rope lining and ta da you've got a sweet little espadrilles like the rest of Europe. Baffled as to why it's taken so long for these beauties to hop across The Channel. Comfortable, utterly versatile and dirt cheap these shoes were the choice of workers across the Mediterranean before being placed up on that fashion pedestal by all things designer. 

Here are some of my favourites. Shoe like?




No comments:

Post a Comment