12 February 2011

Doppelgangerin

Yesterday, finally, my red hair played a crucial role in my job. It seems these days you need a little more than a degree, work experience and a lorrrrra patience ( just ask the girl who walks up and down High Holborn everyday wearing a sandwich board bullet pointing her professional experience - ouch.) Today even your hair colour can be a desirable attribute for your role as an intern.


Yesterday, I played stand in for a lovely lady of the ginger variety as she was fawned upon by the hair and make-up posse. The photographer, an incredibly cool bearded guy, learnt my name pretty quickly and summoned me to several rooms to play twinnie. I stood like a bit of a lemon, but as photographers usually do, he worked the chit chat and charm, soon enough I was sprawled across velvet sofas making doe eyes through hazy lighting into his camera.


I'd love to meet the stand-ins from his previous work...



No comments:

Post a Comment